A short introduction to visit Spain
In the Summer of 2019, I brought a visit to Spain, in company of my wife Wendy & our daughter Lisa.
We arrived in Spain on Thursday August 15 and left on Wednesday September 4. A total of 21 days, 19 whole days between our flights in and out.
Resulting in 5 posts:
- 1. We started our visit to Spain in Barcelona
- 2. Continued southward to Valencia (with a day-trip to Xàtiva).
- 3. Then headed westward to the medieval city of Úbeda, Andalusia
- 4. Before visiting Granada (with a day-trip to Guadix, the Thermal baths of Zújar & the rock of Gibraltar).
- 5. Ending up in Sevilla (from where we went on a day-trip to Córdoba ).
Tips for & impressions of a visit to Spain
In every city & around we visited many attractions. Activities you’ll maybe also want to undertake when you visit those places.
I’ll give you impressions, but also some background info, useful tips & recommendations on every one of them.
Let’s start with some photographic impressions of Barcelona, Valencia, Úbeda, Granada & finally Sevilla.
Five nights in beautiful Barcelona wasn’t enough to see it all, but we enjoyed the start of our journey through Spain tremendously. What a city. The city of Gaudí.
For more info on Barcelona, click on the photo:
By train we headed on to Valencia. A relaxing place inside – that is, the city center & Turia gardens – and out, the nearby beaches.
For more info on Valencia, click on the photo:
In Valencia we rented a car. On our way to Granada, we wanted to make an off-the-road stop and decided on the impressive medieval city of Úbeda.
For more info on Úbeda, click on the photo:
And then Granada. We weren’t only mystified by our visit to the world-famous Alhambra, but also by other mesmerising historical attractions as well.
For more info on Granada, click on the photo:
Our final destination in Spain was stately Sevilla. Although tired because of our long trip through Spain & the tropical heat in southern Spain, another place we will never forget.
For more info on Sevilla, click on the photo:
Besides, my own impressions & tips on things to do & don’t, in every post you’ll find helpful links & ads. Links & ads from trustworthy travel agencies which can help you prepare your visit in a professional & affordable way.
- Most affiliated links are provided by GetYourGuide or TravelPayOuts. If you click on them & buy a ticket for a museum, book a tour or rent a bike a small percentage of your purchase will go to me (paid by the platform, without any extra charge to you).
For an overview of all travel posts of my blog, go to: the Home Page.